Changing Font Size in Generate

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing Font Size in Generate

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hlothrop
    Participant

Newbie user who just got his feet wet editing home.php (Thanks again to SoZo) is now ready to move on to changing font size, again on home page.  I would like to know how to change the font size in headline, featured posts and the posts toward the bottom of the page as well.

Basically I’d like to generally know just how to change all font sizes throughout .  Sorry for such basic Q&A but I’m new.  Please be gentle.  Thanks.

Howard

SoZo

Please include a link to your site with all questions. It makes it a lot easier for people to help you.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

hlothrop
    Participant

Sorry.  I haven’t learned all of the etiquette yet.

http://communitybanknetworker.com

SoZo

The default font size, color, and font family are set in the default rule, the first rule in the style sheet beginning on line 74. That sets the body text styles. You’ll also find a section labelled Headlines, which is where the heading tag rules are. That begins on line 967.

I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules. It’s an invaluable tool and learning to use it will save you a lot of time.

hlothrop
    Participant

OK, installed Firebug Lite and examined and adjusted the font sizes.  I know from reading my Firebug instructions that these changes are not saved and I must do that explicitly.

I edited style.css in my Generate theme folder and could easily find the proper section.  No luck yet with the Headlines.

Is there a way to see the line numbers while editing?  I’m just seeing the code.  Thanks.

Howard

SoZo

You don’t get line numbers if you are using the WP editor in the Dashboard. I highly recommend getting a code editor and FTP client. A code editor will provide not only line numbering but syntax and error highlighting, well, most of them will, and you would need to use an FTP client anyway if you ever made a PHP error.

I use Komodo Edit and Yummy FTP most of the time and NetBeans for bigger projects.

hlothrop
    Participant

Thanks again.  I will look at the recommended tools.

I did manage to simply slog through until I found Headlines and then made the change.  Looks much better in terms of closer to what I envisioned.

I know these must seem like very simple questions, but that’s where I am…baby steps.  Thanks.  I really appreciate the help.

Howard

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.