Changing from Fixed Width to Screen-Width

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Changing from Fixed Width to Screen-Width

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  patspuzzles 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

patspuzzles
    Participant

hi!

I am using Genesis Framework, theme name is : Bee Crafty. Right now it seems, the blog page is only 900 px in width. And there are left and right areas empty. For some reasons, I wanna remove the empty area on the left and right hand of blog page/post   and thus change the width of the blog page to match the width of the screen. Would like to know, if that is possible. And how ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

SoZo

Please include a link to your site with all questions so that people can see what is going on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

patspuzzles
    Participant

http://www.familyfunpuzzles.com/game/?img=2013/01/bug_1.jpg

i removed the sidebars – but the page still needs to be wider.. thanks!  oh – and I had changed from beecrafty to expose theme  – forgot

SoZo

Do you mean you want to increase the width of the content so it fills the white of the wrap? If so you need to edit the width of the #content-sidebar-wrap rule.

Or do you mean you want to have the white content area to span the viewport and not have the blue background showing? If that is the case there are several elements you will need to adjust by either removing width properties or changing values from pixels to percentages or ems. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

patspuzzles
    Participant

i want the white content area to span the viewport. – i do have firebug – not too expert – but will give it a try!  thanks very much!

patspuzzles
    Participant

Ok, i can see three elements :

<div id=”inner”>

<div id=”content-side-wrap>

<div id=”content” class=”hfeed”>

</div>

</div>

</div>>

Making each of  these 100% , seems to widen the white-blog-page and hence the content area too.

Now i want to figure out, where exactly i can find these div tags in the original code. Tried to look into the “themes” folder style.css and “expose” folder ( current active theme ) too. But couldnot find any of these tags ?  Where to find them ?

patspuzzles
    Participant

Trying to get attention on the question in the last post  again.  So, anyone.. any clue please ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.