Changing gravatar on homepage?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing gravatar on homepage?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nmk1234 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Delia128
    Participant

This is basic but I can’t figure it out to save my life.  I put the Genesis User Profile widget in the Primary Sidebar to put a little snippet on my homepage about myself but I want to have a picture of my face there with it and I can’t figure out how to get that picture in there.  I am using the Prose theme.  Did I use the wrong widget?  Ideally, wanted to have my face plus a sentence or two, then a link to the “About Me” page.  Any help would be appreciated (but make it easy to follow as I am still clueless on how all of this works.) Thank you!  :)

Susan

Yeah, the User Profile widget is designed specifically to grab your Gravatar.

I recommend using a plain text widget, and populating it with the code for an image, and some text about you (look at my site – link in my signature, for an example).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

nmk1234
    Participant

Hi Susan,

This is exactly what I am trying to do – use User Profile widget to grab Gravatar, but the widget is not doing it. It used to do it in the past, but after I updated the User Profile widget with the new Custom Text, the Gravatar disappeared.

Will you have any idea how to get it to work again?

Thanks

Natasha

nmk1234
    Participant

Looks like the upgrade has compromised the widget – there’s no drop down for user in the User Profile widget anymore. How can this be fixed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.