Changing H1, H2 etc properties

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing H1, H2 etc properties

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keystone 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

keystone
    Participant

I want to use an h3 heading and have the font change color on hover. The h2 does it but not the h3. I have looked but cannot quite find the specific bit of code to change to make it work. Can anyone advise me please?

Keystone Internet Solutions – Your Web Development and Positioning Professionals.

And_or
    Participant

For a color change you need the property :hover on the element in css. Probably the h2 elements you indicate are in fact h2 a (link tags inside h2 tags)

That kind of color changing is only functional if the element is a link. Otherwise it just makes the user think something will happen when clicking the element, while in fact nothing happens.

To inspect elements use Firebug with Firefox or “Inspect element” when right clicking the element in Crome .

Good luck…

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

keystone
    Participant

Thanks for the advice….I inspected the element and noticed that the matched css rule only mentions h1 and h2. Am I right that this is the reason that the h3 tag is not responding the same way? If this is right can you help with what i would need to do to make the h3 work the same way as the h2?

Thanks

Keystone Internet Solutions – Your Web Development and Positioning Professionals.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.