Changing Headline and Text Fonts in Magazine Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing Headline and Text Fonts in Magazine Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I’ve been working on changing the Fonts for my Post Titles and Text. I changed the CSS-Import part to import those additional fonts and swapped the url for this one:

“http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cabin|Lobster|Play”

Now my problem is, that the Subtitle from the Website title in the header on the homepage is an “h1″ headline. Interestingly when viewing a blogpost (read more), it suddenly isn’t an h1 anymore. Similarly, in the post excerpt on the homepage, the post title is “h2″, but when viewing the blogpost (via read more) it is “h1″. So when I change my headline fonts in the style-sheet:

/* Headlines
    ———————————————————— */

h1,
    h2,
    {
    font-family: ‘Lobster’, cursive;
    margin: 0 0 5px;
    }

etc”

after changing it to this, the subtitle of the header is suddenly in Lobster (which looks really bad below the Play header title) and when viewing the blogpost, the subtitle is changed back to Play. I would like it to be the way it looks when viewing a single blogpost, because then the Header looks correct and the blogpost looks good too. Is there a way to solve this, so that font changes only apply to blogposts and not to the header area? So that the h1 subtitle in the header on the homepage is not affected?

Here’s the link to the Homepage (it’s still only demo content): http://www.blogdojo.com

Sorry for the long post, but I really don’t know how to solve this.

Thanks so much,

Nicolas.

Blogger from Germany.
    Ich schreibe über Traffic Optimierung und Marketing für Blogs

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Nicolas.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Nicolas.

SoZo

It looks like you have the description set to use the h1 tag in Genesis=>SEO Settings

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Nicolas
    Participant

Thank you John, you are my hero!!! I changed the SEO Settings now it works exactly the way I wanted it to. Thanks again!!!

Blogger from Germany.
    Ich schreibe über Traffic Optimierung und Marketing für Blogs

SoZo

You’re welcome. Happy New Year!

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Changing Headline and Text Fonts in Magazine Theme’ is closed to new replies.