Changing height on Property Search widget (in AgentPress)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing height on Property Search widget (in AgentPress)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terry 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Property One
    Participant

I just installed dsIDXpress and placed it in the Property Search widget at the top of my home page. http://www.propertyonesandiego.com. IDX changed the height of that box. How/where can I over-ride this change so the height is the same as the slider?

Thanks!
    Nancy

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Property One.

Terry
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Haha… I don’t mean to sound silly but much simpler to change the size of the slider! :)

Changing the size of the Property Search widget looks to be a little more complicated than just a couple css changes, depending on what you’re looking for. You can change the font, margins &/or padding in the css to start. Another person may have different advice.

Pretty site, Good Luck!

Terry

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

Property One
    Participant

Thanks for the input; changing the slider size will be my plan B. Ideally, I’d like the Property Search box smaller. (And, I’m a web newbie, so no suggestion to me is silly :) – all is appreciated!

Property One
    Participant

Okay, I’ve learned this from Diverse Solutions: You would indeed need to modify the CSS of the Theme to get it to appear properly and function properly on your end. You’d essentially just need to modify it to get around the changes that were made with our Plugin, but once this is done then everything should work normally after that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in my Editor where I need to make these changes?

Thanks!

Marco
    Participant

The Property Search Widget of dsIDXPress is a PITA.

Look at: http://lagunaagent.com/, to make it look like that I:

1) reworked the plugin widget code cause it has several in it.
    2) reworked the .css as you could see in the style.css

Feel free to take some inspiration.

Marco

Property One
    Participant

For anyone who was interested, I created a temp solution by setting the max height of the Search box to 240. Then made set overflow to auto which adds a scroll button. I’m still hunting for a better solution, but this is the best so far.

Terry
    Participant

Fantastic, glad you resolved the issue & thanks for the update Property One!

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.