Changing Link Colors – Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing Link Colors – Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wisebear 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ebeard
    Participant

I want to change the unvisited link colors in Lifestyle. I  have selected the gray color option for the theme, but want the links to be a typical hyperlink blue so they stand out. When I inspect a link in a post I get the following code from Firebug. I’ve found that changing the color here affects ALL links. including those in the navigation menus, etc. I just want to change the hyperlinks in the body of the blog posts only, not those in menus and other places.  Just those that are part of the text body. Can’t figure how?
    }

.lifestyle-tan a, .lifestyle-tan a:visited, .lifestyle-tan #nav, .lifestyle-tan #nav li li a:hover, .lifestyle-tan #nav li li a:active, .lifestyle-tan #subnav li li a:hover, .lifestyle-tan #subnav li li a:active, .lifestyle-tan h1, .lifestyle-tan h2, .lifestyle-tan h2 a, .lifestyle-tan h2 a:visited, .lifestyle-tan #cat, .lifestyle-tan .widget_archive select, .lifestyle-tan .s, .lifestyle-tan .enews #subbox {

color: #666666;

}

ebeard
    Participant

Anyone?   :)

ebeard
    Participant

I tried breaking out part of the custom code for the tan theme and applying the desired link color to it, but it did not work – can someone help?

I want the hyperlinks in the posts, articles, etc to be blue (#o000FF) and everything else (nav, subnav, all other links) to remain consistent with the Lifestyle tan theme color styling.

.lifestyle-tan a, .lifestyle-tan a:visited {

color: #0000FF;

}

.lifestyle-tan #nav, .lifestyle-tan #nav li li a:hover, .lifestyle-tan #nav li li a:active, .lifestyle-tan #subnav li li a:hover, .lifestyle-tan #subnav li li a:active, .lifestyle-tan h1, .lifestyle-tan h2, .lifestyle-tan h2 a, .lifestyle-tan h2 a:visited, .lifestyle-tan #cat, .lifestyle-tan .widget_archive select, .lifestyle-tan .s, .lifestyle-tan .enews #subbox {

color: #666666;

}

ebeard
    Participant

Just thought I’d check back and see if anyone can help with the above.

Thanks   :)

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Sorry you never got a reply to this. I do see you are using charcoal not tan though.

[css].lifestyle-charcoal .entry-content a, .lifestyle-charcoal .entry-content a:visited {
    text-decoration: underline;
    }[/css]

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

ebeard
    Participant

Thanks Jen. I pasted the code above at the bottom of the “.lifestle-charcoal” CSS, but it didn’t change anything. I left it there.

Here is one post where you can see some links:

http://eldonbeard.com/how-to-attract-readers-to-your-home-business-blog/

braddalton
    Participant

Works for me in Firebug. Where did you paste the code?

ebeard
    Participant

I pasted it right at the bottom of the charcoal gray coding:

.lifestyle-charcoal #footer-widgets,
    .lifestyle-charcoal #footer {
    background-color: #222;
    }

.lifestyle-charcoal .entry-content a, .lifestyle-charcoal .entry-content a:visited {
      text-decoration: underline;
    }

/* Lifestyle Gray
    ———————————————————— */
    etc
    The links seem more prominent now, but the #0000FF should make them the traditional dark blue that identifies links, I am thinking?

wisebear
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as ebeard, but I’m using lifestyle-tan. I added Jennifer Baumann’s code in the tan area with my color change, but no difference.

Hey, ebeard… I went to your site and saw your blue hyperlinks… mind telling me how you resolved your issue. Any other input is welcome and appreciate, too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.