Changing Mouse Over Colors

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Changing Mouse Over Colors

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beaming_light 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello. First, I absolutely love this theme. I recently changed from another theme and the transition has been night and day. It’s brilliant. I have two questions:

First, I would like to change the mouse-over color on primary and secondary navigation menus from black to green. Do you know how I can do that?

Second, I would also like the change the color of one word in my title, if possible. The title is Control+Alt+Music and I would like to change the word “Music” from black to green, with the Control+Alt+ remaining black.

Thank you in advance.

Look for following in style.css and change #000 to any color of your choice like #ddd

.genesis-nav-menu a:hover,
    .genesis-nav-menu .current-menu-item > a {
    background-color: #000;
    color: #fff;

For sub-menus, change color code in following code.

.genesis-nav-menu .sub-menu a:hover,
    .genesis-nav-menu .sub-menu .current-menu-item > a {
    background-color: #000;
    color: #fff;

Worked perfectly–thank you! Still need to know how to change color in title bar. Currently says: Control+Alt+Music in black. I want to change the word “Music” to green. Much appreciated!

Hi, I need to do this too but don’t know where to look for style.css
    Pls. could you tell me exactly how to find it?
    thanks so much!

You can go to your Dashboard > Appearance > Editor

By default, it should point to your styles.css

Good luck!

Blogging Tips –

Dashboard > Appearance > Editor is where style.css file. If still problem, email me at iguiding AT gmail DOT com

I don’t find that text in either the Lifestlye css or the genesis css
    Version: 2.0.2

Template: genesis
    Template Version: 1.8
    Also there is a strong warning not to edit the genesis css but this is not in the Child theme.

Any other clues?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.