Changing the background color in Primary Nav Menu For Modern Portfolio theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing the background color in Primary Nav Menu For Modern Portfolio theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

caligrlcoco
    Participant

Hi! I’m trying to change the primary navigation menu’s background color but am having trouble figuring it out. I’m using the Modern Portfolio theme. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

cdils
    Participant

Hi,

Try adding this to your CSS:

#nav {

background-color: whatever;

}

If that doesn’t do the trick, post a link to your site and I’ll take a look.

Do you use Firebug? It’s magical and can help you figure out what CSS is behind your page elements. Here’s more info: http://www.studiopress.com/tips/using-firebug.htm

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

caligrlcoco
    Participant

Hi Carrie!

Thanks so much for the info. It didn’t seem to work for me. I can usually edit the css pretty successfully but for some reason, I’m having trouble here.

My link is http://elisaannlindstrom.com/

I’m trying to change the primary nav background color (the nav that has “landscapes, smaller work,…”)

Thanks so much for your help!

Courtney

cdils
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

This this if you want the background color to stretch all the way across the screen:

#subnav {
    }

Or try this if you’d rather it be a confined width:

#subnav .wrap {
    }

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

ilya
    Participant

Hi! I am new at genesis, but where exactly do I add this code? Also, is it possible to place an image as the background? I am trying to achieve a slight  gradient…

Thanks!

cdils
    Participant

Hi,
    You’ll want to add this to your stylesheet. You can definitely use a background image instead of a color:

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-image.asp

Cheers,
    Carrie

I tweet @cdils.

ilya
    Participant

Thanks Carrie! You mean I can do this?

#subnav .wrap {
    background-image:url(‘paper.gif’);
    }

Thank you! Easy!

cdils
    Participant

You got it! You can add repeat-x to tile the pattern horizontally or repeat-y for vertical (or just ‘repeat’) for both, if you need. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.