Changing themes: home.php not showing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing themes: home.php not showing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sumu 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sumu
    Participant

Hello

I built a theme customizing one of the free sample themes. It did not have a separate home page and utilized the Reading Settings to define the home page.

Now I want to switch the same site to a different theme built on the enterprise theme, but I can’t get the home.php to show up as the home page.

Reading Settings are now ‘show latest posts’.

Even with renaming home.php to front-page.php no luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Anita
    Participant

Please post a link to your site.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Sumu
    Participant

Hi Anitac,

It is currently local.

Thanks

Anita
    Participant

It’s difficult to assist if we cannot see what you are working with. I’ll unsubscribe from here and see if someone else can assist you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Sumu
    Participant

Actually this was false alarm.

I was not aware that if no home page widgets are filled out, WordPress displays all the posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing themes: home.php not showing’ is closed to new replies.