Chaning Minimum theme's image to a slideshow?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Chaning Minimum theme's image to a slideshow?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jamesalex 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NeillWatson
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might change the full width header image on Minimum 2.0 theme to a slideshow? I’m thinking to perhaps create a widget area there and add a plugin?

Currently running the v1.0 of Minimum but like the mobile compatibility of the later theme and the overall look.

Any suggestions very welcome, as I’m fairly new to Genesis and hooks.

Best regards

Neill W

Susan

Try this:

Add slider to Minimum Theme

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

NeillWatson
    Participant

Thanks, Susan. That’s what I’m looking for, will report back.

Another odd thing about Minimum, when I upload a header image at the suggested dinensions, the Nav bar in the header widget drops to a second line. Any thoughts on why? Testing locally, I uploaded a transparent .png 1140×100 as advised.

NW

NeillWatson
    Participant

Hi Susan,

That works, but using the Genesis slider widget, it’s not allowing the image to run ‘full bleed’ like the original. I tried another slideshow plugin, Meteor Slides, that allowed the correct image dimensions, but was offset to the right.

Neill W

jamesalex
    Participant

Just saw this post from Carrie Dils that will show you how to add the code for the homepage slider.

http://www.carriedils.com/add-slider-minimum-theme/2293

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.