Check if this company is claiming they built your site

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Check if this company is claiming they built your site

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dekez 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dekez
    Participant

Hi all

I’ve just discovered a web design company is including my website in their design portfolio, along with another community member’s (Aj – thread here) website.  Since we have both recently posted our sites in this forum for feedback, it may be worth others checking that they are not claiming they have designed your websites too.

Link to their portfolio page below (our websites are mySchoolBackup and Johnny Isbell at the bottom)

http://weblinsolutions.com/website-design.html

We’ve both contacted the website, does anyone else have any other advice as to what actions we should be taking?  Would a link from this website have any negative implications in terms of SEO?

Thanks

AC
    Blocked

They didn’t develop any of those. I will sent this to support to see if they can assist with getting that site taken down. Thanks for bring this to their attention.

dekez
    Participant

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do to force something like that to be taken down. The only way to do that is through legal channels.

meursault
    Participant

Who would want to buy the services of a website design company that can’t even design a good website for itself?

Although I suppose they don’t need much quantity, as they appear to be scammers (at least to me).

KiwiDean
    Participant

You could try contacting Namecheap and telling them the domain is being used illegally.  Even sending them a DMCA take down notice.

If you aren’t having fun you are doing it wrong

dekez
    Participant

Hi all

Update – I received an email back saying my site had been removed, and they have taken down their whole portfolio page.

AC
    Blocked

That’s excellent. I had sent a tweet out to some designers who were on there as well. We sent Tweets to the hosting company. Let’s hope they don’t show up again.

dekez
    Participant

Let’s hope so, thanks for you help with this, much appreciated :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.