Child Theme Authorized But Not Showing Up

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Child Theme Authorized But Not Showing Up

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

terriz

Thank you to anyone willing to help!
    Admittedly I am a newbie. So, I followed every bit of the directions to the letter — twice.

Hosting on GoDaddy.
    Installed WP. Installed the required plugins.

Uploaded framework: genesis and child theme: executive.
    They are appearing nicely under Appearance>Themes.
    When I Authorize executive it seems to “take”, however, the site does not reflect the demo version of the theme at all.
    When I chose one of the themes provided by GoDaddy it shows up perfectly.
    I’ve done this three times — through WP, then ftp and through WP again)

I would like to use the demo to work backwards to create my site.
    I have NO intention of using anything provided in the demo. We have all of our own assets.

Site: http://www.StarsTheaterCompany.com

Anyone experience something similar?

Thank you!

http://www.StarsTheaterCompany.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    First, great job on following all those directions. You did great. There may be directions in your log-in area on Studiopress about setting up the default theme configuration.

There is one key thing that this won’t give you – if you want all the data in a typical Studiopress demo, in your child theme’s folder, there will be “sub-folder” called XML. In there should be a file called genesis.xml. You’ll want this file to be handy, so you may need to download it.

Then you can go into WordPress. Go to Tools…. Import, and choose WordPress. This will install an import plugin. When that’s done, you can run that, more or less from the same menu, and when prompted, feed in the genesis.xml. This should fill your site full of goodies. As I’d mentioned above, there may be some additional setup for that particular theme, but you should be on your way if you do that. If not, official support could probably help with that.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.