Child theme error

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Child theme error

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NWTD 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

NWTD
    Participant

I’m working from within a WP multisite setup. I created a new subsite and attempt to activate a child theme downloaded from the StudioPress website and I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _verify_activate_widget() (previously declared in /mnt/data/users/c/chipsmith/nwtechanddesign.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/education/functions.php:100) in /mnt/data/users/c/chipsmith/nwtechanddesign.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/functions.php on line 47

This actually happens with a few different child themes. Anythoughts?

NWTD
    Participant

bump

AC
    Blocked

Do you have the Genesis Framework downloaded in your themes folder? Do you have it active sitewide?

NWTD
    Participant

Yes and yes.

NWTD
    Participant

It seems to be in relation to themes that have functions that are duplicated in the Genesis Framework functions.

AC
    Blocked

Try switching the theme to one of the default themes to see if you have the same problem. Also can  you share the URL to your website.

NWTD
    Participant

I actually can’t even get the Genesis Sample child theme to work. I am able to get the Genesis framework/theme to work.

Site: http://nwtechanddesign.com/ayce/

AC
    Blocked

That shouldn’t be happening because I have a multi site set up and I didn’t have that problem with the different child themes. Deactivate your plugins and let me know if you still have the problem.

NWTD
    Participant

Interesting. This is a new subsite, so no individual plugins are installed. I did go through and deactivate all the network plugins and no luck there either.

NWTD
    Participant

Even rolling back to v1.8 of the framework and the sample child theme didn’t make a difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.