child theme for use with "base" genesis framework?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks child theme for use with "base" genesis framework?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

donnielaw
    Participant

I’m new to this so this is probably a very basic question.

I thought I saw somewhere that if trying to customize the base genesis them it’s a good idea to setup a child theme and make the style edits there. Now I cannot find this documentation on how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Again, I just want to make some simple changes to the genesis theme but I would like to do it under the child theme structure so the changes aren’t lost with future gensis upgrades. Thanks for the help!

anitac
    Participant

Log in to my.studiopress.com and the Sample Child Theme is there for you to download. You should never use the framework itself because all of you hard work would be overwritten.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

donnielaw
    Participant

Thank you! I’m guessing you are referring to the “genesis sample” file as opposed to the “genesis framework” file.

anitac
    Participant

Yes.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.