Classifieds

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ilya 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ilya
    Participant

Hello!

I am working on building a community website and I’ve just purchased and setup genesis with News theme, and I am wondering what is the best way to add a simple free classifieds with maps for item locations. Thank you in advance!

braddalton
    Participant

BuddyPress is great for building a community site for user generated content.

What exactly do you mean by classifields? Do you have any examples of what you like?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

ilya
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response! Yes, I’ve looked at buddy press and it work for other functions that I need like forum. But the classifieds for buddy press that has the map option, has not been updated in few years, and seems like the developer site has also dissapeared.

I am in charge of building the small Latino community website for expats in China. The main reason to have maps in the classifieds is for apartment listings. And maybe for people who are selling furniture and things like that. Posts will be approved by admins, so a map could be inserted by the moderator, but of course, if the end user can do it – it would be much better.

Thank you again for the quick response, hope to hear from you guys soon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.