Clickable Image Header & Align Home Page – 2 Separate Problems

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Clickable Image Header & Align Home Page – 2 Separate Problems

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  amitsonawane 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

amitsonawane
    Participant

Problem 1:

If you hover 0.5″ over the “Exosphere” logo (image-header) on top-left you see the clickable link to the home page. I want to shift that link down so when people click on the logo they are taken to the home page. How can I go about that? I tried poking at the stylesheet.css but I didn’t get anything.

Problem 2:

The top navigation menu on the home-page and the black footer bar in the very bottom are shifted slightly to the left of the rest of the body of the content. How can I align all of that together so the page flows smoother?

Thanks so much,

Amit

Robin
    Participant

For the first issue, look around line 234 in your style.css:
    .header-image #title-area, .header-image #title, .header-image #title a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 25px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    width: 275px;
    }

Change the height to 100px to match your header and you should be OK.

I’m not sure about the first issue, but if you look at line 648 in your stylesheet:
    .full-width-content.executive-home #content {
    padding: 20px;
    width: 100%;
    }

If you change that padding to 0 then everything lines up correctly, although the image at the top isn’t full width.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

amitsonawane
    Participant

Robin,

Thanks so much. That solved it! However, now there’s a inch wide gap on the right hand side of the main image on the home page. Any way I can get rid of that and expand that picture? The picture is more than wide enough to fit that size.

Cheers,

Amit

Robin
    Participant

Amit, it looks correct to me–guessing you fixed it yourself, or maybe you need to clear your cache to see it?

(Also, $.02 here but you might consider removing the link from the image unless you want people going to your photobucket page.)

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

amitsonawane
    Participant

Ah yes. Thanks for pointing that out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.