ClipArt Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

shellbrodnax
    Participant

I bought ClipArt, was told there would be support. I am now told that Themedy handles, it. On their site, I can’t find a forum. I do find verbiage that states you can’t get support on ClipArt unless you are a member, which was not the case when I bought it.

I am hoping someone here can help me, my site is http://www.studiopress.com/forums I want the header to go all the way across the page the same way the slider does. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Anita
    Participant

Hi, can you re-post the link to your site. The one provided is to the forum.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

shellbrodnax
    Participant

Anita
    Participant

Look for this and change 940 to 1360.
    .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 940px;
    }

Scrap that, it forced the entire site to be 1360.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Anita.

shellbrodnax
    Participant

that centered it but there is still background showing on the right and left side http://itsacharmedworld.com/

Anita
    Participant

The code I gave you increased the entire .wrap and not just the header. We need to adjust that header area only.

Anita
    Participant

Can you switch it back to the way it was? I am trying to locate the code using Firebug.

Anita
    Participant

On the old forum I see this – do you still have access over there? I see your name in there. (http://www.studiopress.com/support/showthread.php?t=107497&highlight=header). He says to add this to the Custom CSS and this should stretch it all the way across.

#header .wrap {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    }

shellbrodnax
    Participant

Tried, that, read the other post. Redid the header to 1060 still is to the right.

Anita
    Participant

Your header needs to be widened. Add the width to that code in your style sheet.

#header .wrap {
    background: url(images/bg-dotline.png) repeat-x bottom;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    width: 1340px;
    }

Ozzy
    Participant

i don’t see the slider so i don’t know exactly what you’re trying to do, but if you want to make the header extend all the way across the page,

find #header .wrap

in your style.css and add

width: 100%;

sorry, Anita… looks like we were answering at the same time :)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: apologies to anita
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: apologies to anita

Anita
    Participant

That’s fine because I tried 100% but didn’t know if that was the correct answer or not. I guess using that will eliminate any extra white space on different browsers at the top.

Ozzy
    Participant

ahh… you could do:

max-width: 1340px;
    width: 100%

if 1340 is the magic number… 1340 is kind of big, though

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Ozzy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Ozzy.

Anita
    Participant

Her original header image was 1340 wide so that’s why I picked that as a width.

Ozzy
    Participant

the white space at the top isn’t going to go away by changing the width. she needs to style the #wrap rule

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.