ClipArt Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

shellbrodnax
    Participant

Tried all versions. I have the header set to 940. I think that was the original. Actually, it was 240 wide, as it only went on the left side. I am sure it has to do with padding or margines, but no matter what I set it to, it either goes left or right, or centered then you see the background on both sides

shellbrodnax
    Participant

I dont have white space at the top. The now all purple test header I want to go all the way across the site like the large slider area does in the middle of the site, or the footer does at the bottom.

Ozzy
    Participant

it looks like you’re trying to add the dotted line as an image, but you should be able to add that with some css. if that’s ok, try this:

#header {
    background: url(“http://itsacharmedworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cropped-header-test.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border-bottom: 1px dashed #ffffff; //change this to whatever color your dotted line is in the image
    width: 100%;
    }

#header .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 940px;
    }

remove the background in the .header-image #header #title-area as well as #header .wrap and you should be good to go :)

the forum doesn’t allow the quotes, but hopefully you understand what i’m trying to say… hopefully

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: quotes won't show
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: quotes won't show

Riavon
    Participant

Try this:

#header .wrap {
    background: url(“images/bg-dotline.png”) repeat-x center bottom transparent;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

.header-full-width #title-area,
    .header-full-width #title,
    .header-full-width #title a {
    float: none;
    height: 150px;
    width: 1340px;
    }

.header-image #header #title-area {
    background: url(“http://itsacharmedworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cropped-header-test.jpg”) no-repeat 50% 0 transparent;
    display: block;
    float: none;
    height: 150px;
    padding:0;
    width: 1060px;
    }

Sorry @Ozzy looks like we were both posting at the same time!

Twitter: @riavonentprises

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Riavon. Reason: acknowlege Ozzy
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Riavon. Reason: acknowlege Ozzy

Ozzy
    Participant

it’s quite alright, Riavon! two heads are better than one!

shellbrodnax
    Participant

well, tried this as well. now its centered. but still the background is to the left and right.

Ozzy
    Participant

can you try my suggestion above? it’s a little different than Riavon’s response

Riavon
    Participant

I don’t know what you want your header to actually be, since now it is just a lavender colored block… but you can make the background color to match that lavender for #header .wrap

#header .wrap {
    background: url(“images/bg-dotline.png”) repeat-x center bottom #9299cd;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Screenshot of what that looks like here: http://tinypic.com/r/1677bkn/6

Twitter: @riavonentprises

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Riavon. Reason: added link to screenshot
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Riavon. Reason: added link to screenshot

shellbrodnax
    Participant

Ozzy, I have tried, its not working. The now lavender header, is just a test header. Whatever header I put in there, I want it to go all the way across the page. I am not trying to do anything with the dotted lines. I just want a header that goes all the way across, so i don’t see the diamond background on the side of it.

I really appreciate all the help.

Ozzy
    Participant

you’re almost there, shell!

you need to add the image into the #header rule

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: used pastie
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Ozzy. Reason: used pastie

Ozzy
    Participant

you can go here http://pastie.org/5566880 and see what you need to add to the #header style

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.