Code at bottom of my page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Code at bottom of my page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

alogomasini
    Participant

I tried to change the footer copyright using simple edits plugin.  Now I have code at the bottom of my page and can’t figure out how to remove it.  I am a novice at best … not good with code.  Can anyone help me figure out hot to fix this.  the website is sellitquickhomes.com.  thanks.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hi, I haven’t used that plugin, but it loos like you’re just missing your php tags.

Try adding <?php before and ?> after.

Hope that helps,

Tony

AlphaBlossom

alogomasini
    Participant

Thanks.  But I don’t know where to add <?php before and ?>  Could you point me to the file and location?

Sorry, I can tinker with code, but am not really that proficient.  Not sure how the code could have changed, since I have not been in those files.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Can you post what you placed inside of the simple edits page? Did you make any other changes anywhere, or just on the simple edits page?

anitac
    Participant

You added code that should actually go into the Functions.php file. Go to Simple Edits and remove that code and save. Where did you get that code from that you put in there?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

alogomasini
    Participant

I got the code on the studio press site for code snippets where it said I customize credit in footer: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/footer/#credits  I am not sure this caused the problem.  I deactivated the simple edits plug in and nothing has changed.

I have not changed any of the code files, so I don’t know how I made this mistake.  Here is the code I used, but its not active now.

/** Customize the entire footer */
    remove_action( 'genesis_footer', 'genesis_do_footer' );
    add_action( 'genesis_footer', 'custom_footer' );
    function custom_footer() {
        ?>
        <p>&copy; Copyright 2012 <a href="http://mydomain.com/">My Domain</a> &middot; All Rights Reserved &middot; Powered by <a href="http://wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> &middot; <a href="http://mydomain.com/wp-admin">Admin</a></p>
        <?php
    }

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

The code is still showing on your footer.

Where did you place that code? If you look in your functions.php file, do you see that code?

alogomasini
    Participant

Can’t find it anywhere.  I even just reloaded all the child theme code files.  Could it be on the Genesis files?  Should I reload those too?

anitac
    Participant

Deactivate the Simple Edits please so we can see what it looks like without the plugin.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

alogomasini
    Participant

I deactivated simple edits and even deleted it, but no change.

anitac
    Participant

Do you have a footer.php file? And, check your home.php file way at the bottom to see if you have this code and let me know.

alogomasini
    Participant

Not in any of the php files.  I checked home, footer, and theme functions.  Not sure how I did this!  Thanks so much for your assistance.

anitac
    Participant

Okay, check this. Go to Genesis > Theme Settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom – did you place the code in the last box marked Footer?

alogomasini
    Participant

Bingo!  Thanks a million.

anitac
    Participant

You’re welcome! I thought I was going to tear my hair out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Code at bottom of my page’ is closed to new replies.