Columns on Main Page help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Columns on Main Page help

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stephmce 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

stephmce
    Participant

Hello. I’m new to Genesis Balance and I’m having a hard time figuring out how to change the columns on my blog’s main page. The first entry is listed in its entirety and the previous posts are excerpts below it but they’re listed in 2 columns. In the Balance demo, the previous posts are in a single column. I’ve looked all over my dashboard and can’t figure out how to change it. Any ideas? Thanks!

AC
    Blocked

Please post a link to your site so we can take a look. Thanks!

stephmce
    Participant

Sorry, the site is http://saltisyourfriend.com.

AC
    Blocked

I don’t know what you mean. The previous posts in the Balance demo are two columns when I view it. I am not sure why you see only 1 column. What browser are you using?

stephmce
    Participant

No, I meant they’re in 1 column on the Balance demo (on the Genesis site). They’re in 2 columns on my site but I’d like to know how to change them to 1 column, like they are in the demo on the Genesis site.

AC
    Blocked

I see a full blog entitled “The Undeniable Impact of Mobile Communication” at the top. Then below it – there are two columns of previous blogs. In the left column (column 1) I see “Success Matters in the Marketing World” and in the right column (column 2) “San Francisco and the Rise of Silicon Valley”.

What do you see?

stephmce
    Participant

Yes, I see the same when I first pull up the site but if you select Layout -> Contents/Sidebar, the posts are all listed in a single column. Is there someplace in settings where I can choose a single column?

AC
    Blocked

So are you saying you want your home page like Content/Sidebar? If so, go to Genesis Settings, scroll down to LAYOUT and select Content/Sidebar.

stephmce
    Participant

I did that… that’s why my content is on the left and sidebar is on the right.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.