Comment Form Doesn't Show

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Comment Form Doesn't Show

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  creative.patience 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

creative.patience
    Participant

For some reason, the comment form only displays on some posts – not all of them. I double checked the posts and see that comments are still allowed, however the comment form still doesn’t show on the post. However this only occurs on some posts – not all. Any ideas on what might be happening?

braddalton
    Participant

Link to a post on your site please.

creative.patience
    Participant

For some reason, any time I comment with the complete URL, it doesn’t show. Trying again.

makobiscribe.com

You can see the discrepancy under the “Beauty Tips” section, where some posts show the comment count and others do not. I’ve checked the posts that do not and have confirmed that comments are open.

creative.patience
    Participant

For some reason, any time I comment with the complete URL, it doesn’t show. Trying again.

makobiscribe [dot] com

You can see the discrepancy under the “Beauty Tips” section, where some posts show the comment count and others do not. I’ve checked the posts that do not and have confirmed that comments are open.

braddalton
    Participant

It might be a plugin conflict which you can solve by disabling all your plugins and then re-activating them one by one.

creative.patience
    Participant

Deactivated all plugins and the issue didn’t resolve. Any other ideas?

creative.patience
    Participant

I just realized that the older posts were set to have comments automatically close. *doh*

This setting can be found under Settings > Discussion from the Dashboard, in case anyone else stumbles across the same question.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.