comment link on first post of first page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks comment link on first post of first page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elaine Griffin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Hello,

I have my blog set up to show the entire first post on the first page. I would like to add a link to the comments at the bottom of the post since I usually urge people to comment. I don’t want them to have to scroll back up. I’ve looked into this several times, but never found what I suspect is an easy solution.

I’m using a Genesis child, http://www.elainegriffindesigns.com/blog/

Thanks for any help!

Elaine

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    There is a “quickie” way to do this type of procedure with some PHP code in functions.php. BUT… it may not be quite that simple. If you have special custom code in a home template, this may not work. And even if it does, this command will make that happen “everywhere”, not just on that one Post on home. But this will give you the general idea. For further granularity, some IF statements specifying a particular Post, or other code, may be needed depending on how your theme is set up.

[php]
    remove_action( ‘genesis_before_post_content’, ‘genesis_post_meta’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_after_post_content’, ‘genesis_post_meta’ );
    [/php]

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Elaine Griffin
    Participant

Okay, I’ll give it a try and see how it goes.

Thank you!

Elaine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘comment link on first post of first page’ is closed to new replies.