Comment Spam Solution

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Comment Spam Solution

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RonnyMac
    Participant

Anybody else having plenty of comment spam problems?

I’ve rummaged through a dozen or two WordPress plugins– from captchas to math to drag and drop images– and absolutely nothing seems to stop comment spammers from riddling a site with their disease.

Between the automated bots and the cheap labor manual entries, comment spam is probably hear to stay. As a last resort I installed the WordPress Akismet plugin. I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn’t stop comment spam, but it does a very good job of catching comment spam and has oh so very few false positives. The new one-click button to delete spam is a nice addition, too. It’s still a pain to deal with but the effort is reduced to a quick visual scan and one click to delete it all.

What are you using to combat comment spam?

Jon Bellah
    Participant

LiveFyre is a pretty good alternative to the default WP commenting system. It’s pretty painless to set up, too.

Follow me on the Twitters at @JonBellah. I blog about web design, development and a lot about Genesis at CSSForge.com

RonnyMac
    Participant

Looks a bit like Disqus with social aspects. I’ve considered Disqus which seems to show up more frequently on sites these days.

AC
    Blocked

You should sign up for Akismet (https://akismet.com/) and use the plugin that comes standard with the installation. It was developed by WordPress. This has been a God-send to catch spam for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.