Compatible sliders in Parallax Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Compatible sliders in Parallax Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wudman 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wudman

I am playing around with Parallax Pro at: http://explorewestsacramento.com and the pre-existing slider which used Nivo Slider WordPress Plugin Ver 1.9.1 no longer displays. Previously this site used a different Genesis child theme. Given that all I get is the shortcode, I presume a conflict between the Parallax Pro child theme and Nivo Slider For WordPress.

I’d love to know if anyone has any image slider working using Parallax Pro?

Thanks…

http://explorewestsacramento.com

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Hi,

Where did you put the shortcode? In a widget area?

WordPress will not execute shortcodes in a widget area by default. They removed that functionality and it’s now in a plugin.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

wudman

Thanks Andrea,
    I sort of forgot that due to the fact that I have been spoiled using shortcode enabled child themes with Genesis. Though there are plenty of workarounds, I am thinking it is going to be better to get back to another track I am working on for a parallax child theme for my Genesis wrapped site.
    Best wishes..

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

We don’t enable shotcodes in widget areas by default in our themes.

Again, there are plugins that will let you run any shortcode in a text widget on any theme.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

wudman
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.