Completely Remove Sidebar Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Completely Remove Sidebar Widget

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Davis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jay Mountford
    Participant

Hi, I’m currently using the Scribble theme on two sites; it’s set up perfectly on site one, but really struggling with site two. On site one I have removed the sidebar completely http://www.cosmicgirlie.com/blog/ , so it doesn’t appear anywhere. On site two, it still shows up on the “blog” page http://blog.jaymountfordphotography.co.uk/blog/ , but disappears again when I view a single blog post (and the text is cut off on the right hand side, which is driving me bonkers).

I have no idea how I did it for site one, but I desperately need to do it for site two, but I can’t see it anywhere, no matter what I choose in Genesis Themes Settings.

Can anyone please help me at all? Many thanks in advance.

Nick Davis
    Participant

Hi Jay

If you go to the Blog page under Pages in your WordPress dashboard and then scroll down you should see an area with a few different page layouts (probably two or three boxes underneath the main content area box), here you should be able to choose the full width page layout and then just hit Update

Hope it helps

Nick

@NickCDavis. WordPress developer & Genesis fan boy living in Italy.
    Don’t want to set up your theme yourself? Try my new ThemeValet service.

Jay Mountford
    Participant

Ohhhhh I’m an IDIOT!!! Thank you so much Nick, it’s been driving me nuts for ages, can’t believe that’s all it was!! Thanks so much. :D

Nick Davis
    Participant

Hi Jay, you’re totally welcome, Nick

@NickCDavis. WordPress developer & Genesis fan boy living in Italy.
    Don’t want to set up your theme yourself? Try my new ThemeValet service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Completely Remove Sidebar Widget’ is closed to new replies.