Conference Website – November 2012

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Conference Website – November 2012

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sdawson26
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m new here.. but thought I’d share my latest project with Genesis.

http://bpc.prbbi.com

This is an annual conference hosted by my company. Let me know what you think!

anitac
    Participant

Wow, wow, wow! That looks EXCELLENT! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Susan

I love your background! Stunning!

I’m with Anita – another wannabe :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Dorian Speed
    Participant

Looks terrific!

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

I like it in general. It feels natural and earthy. There are a couple of things I think could be pushed.

The font feels a bit small as does the white space. Maybe I’ve been looking at too much of Rafal’s work lately but I find, especially with a fairly dark and somewhat busy background, that I like a lot more white space and larger fonts to make reading easier. Of course I spend probably 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week in front of a computer screen so anything to make it easier to read is better.

I also think the call to action in the header needs to be more obvious. I don’t mean flashing lights in vegas, but maybe reduce the font size of the other text a bit so you can make the button bigger. The rotating logo is cool, but it distracts from that call to action so I’d be concerned about losing clicks. It might even be worth adding the call to action again “below the fold” when the cool spinning logo won’t be visible. Of course I’m just assuming that clicking “stay updated” is the most important link on the site. If I’m wrong ignore this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.