Configuring Built In Genesis SEO for Pages and Posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Configuring Built In Genesis SEO for Pages and Posts

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Murray 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just checked out the video in the Genesis Tutorials section on how to set up the SEO settings site wide for Genesis sites and it was very informative.

Does anyone have any links/suggestions/best practices/similar video on how to use the Page and Post specific SEO areas of the WordPress/Genesis admin?

Thanks,

-Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Kent.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Kent.
    http://www.kentfackenthall.com

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

I only fill those out if I want something more finely crafted than what will be pulled by default.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Bill Murray
    Participant

You might want to consider downloading and activating Yoast’s plugin, WordPress SEO. That doesn’t mean you have to switch from Genesis SEO to his plugin, because you can grab his suggestions and then deactivate it, taking you back to Genesis SEO.

Yoast’s plugin gives you tips on writing a meta description, your post title, and setting your permalink, among other things. The biggest tip that he provides (indirectly, because it’s not labeled as a tip directly) is to identify a focus keyword for each piece of content and then to use that keyword in your permalink, post title, and meta description. His interface drives home these points more effectively than the Genesis SEO metaboxes.

You also want to avoid long permalinks that take focus away from your keyword.

All of this is onpage SEO, and onpage SEO will only take you so far. That’s not to say that you should ignore onpage SEO, because it is important. But don’t think that hours spent on it making every tweak will have a payoff. You have to have time for other important aspects of SEO, such as link building.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.