Configuring slider to show parts of previous/next image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Configuring slider to show parts of previous/next image

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TPUY

Hi everyone, new to WordPress and Genesis framework here. I’ve been looking for ways to further modify the Genesis Slider. I basically want it to show parts of the previous/next image, as well as match the page’s width 100%, very similar to this plug-in: http://www.paulwelsh.info/jquery-plugins/hero-carousel/

Can I achieve the same effect by editing the Genesis slider code? Or is there another Genesis plug-in that would suit my needs better?

Thanks!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I doubt you could get the Genesis slider to do this. It would depend on how it was set up. My quick reaction is that someone with good CSS chops might be able to experiment, BUT often jQuery is calculating space on-the-fly and would prevent that from working.

That’s a pretty nice slider, and a developer could probably wrangle it into Genesis with some work. But to me, having edge excerpts of other slides isn’t a big deal.

For anyone who wants a very fancy slider with no coding, you could try CodeCanyon, or here’s an alternative that I’ve found stuff in a couple times, Slider Villa.

Good luck,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

TPUY

Hi David,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. I tried to work it out on my own for a few days, but ultimately gave up and bought a plug-in. :p I used the Glam Slider from Slide Villa, it gave me exactly what I wanted! Thanks again!

David Chu
    Participant

Glad to hear it!

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.