Configuring WordPress, Genesis and Dreamweaver on the remote server

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Configuring WordPress, Genesis and Dreamweaver on the remote server

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  oceansize 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

oceansize
    Participant

Hi

I would like to setup my WordPress and Genesis configuration with Dreamweaver CS6 but bypass using a testing server (MAMP) and make changes on the remote server, so I can use Dreamweaver to edit the css etc.

I’ve found this link that’s helpful- http://shirishkadam.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/how-to-add-your-wordpress-website-to-dreamweaver-cs6/

Unfortunately I can’t seem to view the Genesis template (I’m using the Genesis sample template). Has anyone tried this setup before or is this idiotic and I should instead set it up using MAMP?

Dan

anitac
    Participant

Well it appears that it’s giving you access to the hosting file folders. You should be able to browse wp-contents/themes/sampletheme. Are you unable to get to this file structure using that set up?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

oceansize
    Participant

Hi Anitac

Yes, i can get to all my files ok in Dreamweaver, it’s just I don’t know what file to select to be able to see my site. In the Genesis template sample file structure there’s no index.php file so I’m not sure what file I need to select to be able to see my site as you would through a web browser (if that makes sense).

Dan

oceansize
    Participant

I think i’ve solved the problem. I had to select the index.php file that is located outside the wp-content folder and select Live in Dreamweaver (D’oh!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.