Content Character Limit

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Content Character Limit

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  placeshifter 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

prycus
    Participant

I have a site built on the Metric theme and having some challenges using the content character limits in the widgets. For example, using the HOME TOP RIGHT widget, I have set the content character limit to 437. I need to have enough characters to complete the sentence in whole. Instead, the widget eliminates part of the last word or adds the first word from the next sentence.

You would think just decreasing the content character limit by one number would eliminate a character, but there’s no elimination of each character. It’s either all (the profitability of One3 IP. Why) or nothing (the profitability of One3). Any suggestions? Thanks.    …Paul

http://www.one3ip.com

Chris Cree
    Participant

There really is no good solution. Using “Show Content Limit” will always be a bit of a crap shoot as to exactly how many characters are displayed. You would think that it would be “exactly” whatever number you put in. But it doesn’t seem to. Often I have to vary the number by 20 characters or more to make it actually change.

placeshifter
    Participant

I’m noticing this as well.  Very, very annoying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.