Content for Slider and Featured Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Content for Slider and Featured Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jodzeee
    Participant

Maybe I’m overthinking this and confusing myself, but I’m looking for a good way to do this:

I’m using the Executive theme and pretty much everything I have is pages, not posts. I would like to be able to have content in the slider that links to a specific page, but I want the content to say whatever I want and be formatted however I want it – not just X amount of letters of the content.

I know if it were a post I could use the excerpt (but can I format it with HTML?). I’ve tried adding support for page excerpts to my functions.php, but does the slider plugin support page excerpts?

If not, should I just use posts and redirect to the page I want? That seems a bit clunky, but maybe that’s the only way to do it?

Similarly, in the Home Middle widget area, I used three Featured Page widgets. Again, I want custom content here that links to it’s page. Does the Featured Page widget only support automatic excerpts?

Thank you.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

If not, should I just use posts and redirect to the page I want? That seems a bit clunky, but maybe that’s the only way to do it?

That’s what I would do.

Similarly, in the Home Middle widget area, I used three Featured Page widgets. Again, I want custom content here that links to it’s page. Does the Featured Page widget only support automatic excerpts?

Yes. If you really want to fine tune it, use a text widget with HTML.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

jodzeee
    Participant

Thanks Andrea. In the meantime, I did set it up as posts and redirects and it’s working well (project #1). I’m juggling a few different projects and now see that I’d already experimented with the page excerpts and HTML (project #2) and that seems to work fine too. I guess that’s where I’d originally found out how to add support for page excerpts.

If only I could remember and keep straight what I do from day to day! So to answer my own question, yes I was over-thinking and confusing myself!

jodzeee
    Participant

How can I get rid of the more text? I don’t have anything chosen for that field in the settings, but it says: “Full Story…” at the bottom of all my sliders.

http://www.uncorkeddesign.com/clients/rock-solid-1/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.