Content Width for Adorable theme.

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Content Width for Adorable theme.

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jtooth
    Participant

Hi, this is my first time posting here so I apologize if it’s in the wrong place.  I have two issues that I can’t figure out for the life of me!  I have googled, toyed around with them myself, analyzed it with firebug and even submitted a support ticket at the PDCD support desk and was told they didn’t have time to answer my question.

I need to know what code I have to manipulate to close or at least lessen the gap between the main content area and my sidebar.  I have the Adorable theme and the layout option is content-sidebar.  I have been all over the stylesheet with no luck!

Here is my site: http://millionmoments.net/

The second issue is with the Genesis slider.  How do I get it on my homepage without making the rest of my content disappear?  I have put it in the top featured position and the top left position and when I do it’s the only thing visible on the page.  I’m sure this is some simple “duh” thing to fix so I’m sorry if I sound clueless!

Thanks so much.

SoZo

1) Reduce the width of .wrap
    [code].wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1300px;
    }[/code]

2) The theme is designed to show your latest posts unless you place widgets into the home sidebars. So if you want the slider and posts you need to also add featured post widgets. If you want pagination you can get the Featured Widget Amplified plugin.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Susan

@jtooth – when did you submit a support ticket to the PDCD help desk? I’ve just recently started volunteering over there to help answer tickets, and I can’t imagine anyone telling you they don’t have time!

Take a look at this markup guide – it shows you what areas you would need to adjust if you want to make any changes.

http://www.studiopress.com/images/gen_markup.png

As far as the Genesis slider – it looks like you have your site set up as a blog. If you use the “magazine” layout, you would need to add content into the other widget areas to make them appear on the front page, below your slider.

Let me know if you need more specific advice.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Susan

It looks like @SoZo responded as I was typing my response :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

jtooth
    Participant

Thank you so much @SoZo!  That is exactly what I needed to know, it worked like a charm.  I think I might do without the slider for now but will look into that plugin.  @Susan it was about a week and a half ago.  Thanks for that chart, I will keep that handy!!

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Content Width for Adorable theme.’ is closed to new replies.