Converting Theme to Genesis Child Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Converting Theme to Genesis Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

byupandg

How practical would it be to convert an existing wordpress theme to a child theme of Genesis? Where I work we have our own custom wordpress theme that we developed, but we recently purchased Genesis. My question is in two parts:

1) Would there be anything to gain from converting our existing theme into a child theme of Genesis to take advantage of what we purchased? How feasible/valid is this idea? What could we gain from doing this?

2) How would I go about converting an existing theme into a child theme? I’ve created child themes before, but never converted a theme like this.

I’m very new to Genesis, I guess you could sum up my question as “Can we?”, “Should we?”, and “How?”

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Welcome to Genesis club!

Regarding your question, few like to keep their website branding (looks) same even while switching to new back-end theme platform. So keeping theme looks same could be for maintaining established unique website interface and visitor’s recall value.

There is no automated process of converting existing theme looks into that of Genesis child theme. It is a manual process and require style code adjustments. Technical know-how of css and php is required for the same. If you need professional help regarding this, email iguiding AT gmail DOT com

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.