Corporate Theme Feature and Home Widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Corporate Theme Feature and Home Widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  colemanweb 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

I have completed the instructions for creating Corporate to look like the demo but the Home page does not change. Any ideas of what I have missed doing?

Chris Cree
    Participant

Double check your Settings –> Reading settings. You should have “Front Page Displays” set to “Your Latest Posts”.

Usually when the home page not displaying the content at all it’s because that setting is set to a static page.

Adam
    Participant

Many thanks Chris. If I make the change in there will my page currently set as a static front page (“Home”) still be a page …albeit not the front one now ?  Might sound a dumb question but I have done a fair bit of work on it and don’t want it lost. So far on the site it is only comprised of pages (ie not posts/blogs)

Chris Cree
    Participant

Nearly all Genesis themes use a home.php template for the front page of the website. Usually this page is largely widget driven so that it’s easy to adjust what content shows on the front of your site.

For that reason, setting a static home page will cause that widgetized home page to disappear until the setting is put back to “Your Latest Posts”.

Since you have not posted a link to your site, I’m not really clear on your question. I might be able to answer it better if you share a link.

Adam
    Participant

Thanks Again Chris. I appreciate your input. http://www.rhinoloc.com is the site. It is early days on it so any input will be gratefully received. I can rename my current home page to something else (eg About) etc if it will help get the corporate front page with features etc happening. What do you think ?

keystone
    Participant

I have the same problem and I have certainly got it set up for posts….have there been any further thoughts on this topic?

Keystone Internet Solutions – Your Web Development and Positioning Professionals.

Adam
    Participant

I have not got back to it yet so can’t help but will give an update in a few days if resolved

merpmerp
    Participant

Adam,

I noticed you have an issue on your homepage that I have and I am trying to eliminate.  The images have links bringing them to the page that they are stored on when you click on them.

Does anyone know how to have images like that on the home page without them being links?

This is happening to me at http://www.utilityrefundsolutions.com

Thank you,

Mark

colemanweb
    Participant

This may seem like a silly question, but do you actually have your slider set to show more than 1 post/page?  If so, then do you actually have more than one post/page for it to show?  And last, if the answers were yes and yes, then do you have it set to fade in or out or transition in some way?  I believe if those are not set, it won’t “slide”.  Most of the themes I’ve used for Genesis all use the Genesis Responsive Slider and that’s how the plugin works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.