Corporate Theme: Space between #Inner and #Footer

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Corporate Theme: Space between #Inner and #Footer

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

I have created a demo for a small car dealership using this plugin. I added in the CSS below to split the Featured area so I could use two widgets in that space (found instructions on the old forum). I think that is what’s causing the space between the #Inner and the #Footer on the home page only. When you go to the internal pages, there isn’t a space between them – they are flushed together.

Does anyone have a solution to how I can fix this on the home page? Thanks in advance.

Here is my code:

#execphp-2 {
    float: left;
    width: 630px;
    border: 10px solid #cccccc;
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    max-width: none;
    padding: 0;
    }

#car_demon_search_car-widget-2 {
    border: 1px solid #cccccc;
    float: right;
    width: 245px;
    height: 335px;
    margin-bottom: 25px;
    width: 245px;
    }

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Anyone up this early morning that might be able to assist me?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Ozzy
    Participant

it’s not the CSS so much as it’s the amount of closing divs you have on the home page. this is probably due to the widget areas you added.

if you look at the inner page, the footer-widgets and footer are inside of the #wrap, but it’s not like that on the home page. look at your functions.php and home.php file and see if you added one too many somewhere.

anitac
    Participant

Okay, but I didn’t touch those files at all. I only added the CSS to split the one Featured Area so I could drag two widgets in there. Checking it now.

anitac
    Participant

You are a GENIUS! Thank you. I found it in the Home.php. But I never touched that and it’s in the original download of the zip file like that. Now I can go back and finish adding some things. That car plugin works wonderful. It has EVERYTHING in it!

Ozzy
    Participant

if you didn’t touch the home.php, then you may have added one too many closing divs when you followed the instructions from the old forum.

in any case, a genius i am not, but glad i could help!

anitac
    Participant

I’ll go look. I need to document how this work so if I do “real” site I have these in my notes. This is just a demo to have.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Corporate Theme: Space between #Inner and #Footer’ is closed to new replies.