Costom post type the_excerpt not showing

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Costom post type the_excerpt not showing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

aaronsummers
    Participant

I’m using the easy digital downloads plugin which uses custom post type to display the content, I have custom archive pages set up and am trying to display a snippet of the main body content.

using:

add_action(‘genesis_post_content’,’the_excerpt’);

Does Genesis recognise CPT’s ?

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,

As far as I know, I don’t think a Custom Post Type will be added to the default WordPress loop without telling the theme that it’s there, Genesis or not.  I know that when I make them, I make a special template to display them.

Also, when the CPT is defined, it can be “excerpt-enabled”, or not, by the developer.  So to determine that, one might need to examine the plugin code.

I’m guessing that your plugin uses its own template(s) to display the CPT, you could have a look at that.  Maybe that’s where you could set it up to use the excerpt.  I know that with some plugins, you can even put a template/script into your own theme’s folder and hack it without disturbing the original plugin code.  Its documentation may have info about that.

If I’m wrong, hopefully some uber-developer will correct me.  :-)   Hope that helps.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.