Create a custom menu for above the header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Create a custom menu for above the header

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NWTD 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NWTD
    Participant

I’ve created a custom menu that I’d like to add above the header. I already have a primary and secondary menu assigned, so I assume this custom menu needs to be positioned in the `functions.php` with filters or hooks of some sort?

Susan

Try this:

http://journalxtra.com/easyguides/add-menu-genesis-themes-4830/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

colkav
    Participant

HI,

I’m trying to do the same, and align the secondary menu to the right. I tried the directions on the link suggested by Susan, but it comes out as a vertical list, as apposed to horizontal. At the end somebody commented on this, and the answer is either to create a custom page template, or use a Custom Menu Widget….

The Header Right widget area works fine to a degree, but it’s within the header and, being picky, I’d like mine to be presented along one line, above the header, align to the right.

So I’m guessing it’s one of two routes for me (sorry, I don’t mean to hijack this thread…) :

1) to create a custom page template
    2) create a widget area above the header

With regards to option 2, would I be right to assume this requires adding some code to the functions.php? If so, would anyone know what that code might be?

BTW, the above mentioned article, very useful! Thanks!

NWTD
    Participant

Thanks Susan. I was able to accomplish what I needed.

@colkay, I think the issue you’re having is related to CSS and styling the list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.