Create Two Columns in Main Body of Home Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Create Two Columns in Main Body of Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael-Gaoming 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Michael-Gaoming

Hi,

I’m using the Magazine Pro theme, and would like to create a two column area in the main body of the home page, that would allow me to display posts of different categories in separate columns. My objective is something similar to what is seen in the lower body section of NYtimes.com.

My guess is that I would have to add a function in the function page to support a two column area in the main body of the home page and then define styles in the CSS.

Can anyone suggest how to get this done in Magazine Pro?

My site is currently visible online at beta.mingtiandi.com.

Thanks,

Michael

http://beta.mingtiandi.com

braddalton
    Participant

You can add a custom grid loop or 2 widget areas side by side and use the genesis featured posts widgets in the new areas.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Michael-Gaoming

Hi Brad,

Thanks for that. Any suggestions on how to set up 2 widget areas side by side?

Thanks,

Michael

braddalton
    Participant

Michael-Gaoming

Hi Brad,

In the end, I decided to switch to the News Pro theme which has this feature built in, and has a few other bits better suited to my site.

Thanks for your assistance in any case, and have a great new year.

Best,

Michael

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.