Create Wrap Around Ribbon Executive Theme Sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Create Wrap Around Ribbon Executive Theme Sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SiteDeisgn8850 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SiteDeisgn8850
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Executive Theme (orange) template, but want the sidebar headers to be customized.  I want to create and add this http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-elements/create-a-3d-ribbon-wrap-around-effect-plus-a-free-psd  type of ribbon-effect header to the sidebar widget headers.  Is there a hook I can do for this or a way I can modify the code easily that would allow me to change the header in the widget sidebars to show that cool wrap-around effect that looks like it’s hanging outside of the wrap?

Thanks,

JR

SoZo

You apply the image as the background of the .sidebar h4 rule then add enough left/right padding to the .widget rule to push the content in or add width and negative left/right margins to the h4 rule if you actually want it hangin outside the .widget div itself.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

SiteDeisgn8850
    Participant

Thanks SoZo!  I kind of suspected that too, but my issue is the actual code I need to the 2 changes you mentioned.  I don’t know exactly how to do that?  Can you give me a starting point on the code?  I know a lot of others feel the same way, so this would be big help to the Community at large for the specific coding involved…

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.