Creating A New Homepage Offline

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Creating A New Homepage Offline

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  whiskymac 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

whiskymac
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to re-design the website’s homepage and seen and read a few things about a static homepage but im not to sure how to go about doing this. Is there any way to work on a new homepage offline while the current one stays live on WordPress?

Thanks

John

wpsmith

I believe there may be some plugins that may be able to assist you. However, best practice is to have a staging setup (that holds a clone of your live site) that you use for testing and modifications. WPEngine has a one-click button for this, which makes them such a great WordPress host. However, other cheaper hosting places allow you to have multiple installs. You can also install MAMP or XAMPP if you’d like to do it locally. There are a lot of options. You just need to find what fits for you.

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

whiskymac
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Would creating a static homepage on WP do the same thing? I was reading about it but  wasn’t too sure?

Thanks

John.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.