Creating a Tumblr-like / Microblog into Website

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Creating a Tumblr-like / Microblog into Website

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Looking for any suggestions or direction for turning my traditional blog into a Tumblr-like (micro) blog format. I’m not a dev, so someone else would do the code work. From the research I’ve done, it seems using Post Formats could be the best way to move forward. I realize there are SEO drawbacks to micro-posts, but apparently it can set it up so any short posts (videos, memes, links, quotes, etc…) could be preset as noindex posts, so only the longer posts (300+ words) are indexed.

What do you think? Is using Post Formats the best way to move forward? Any other direction or suggestions much appreciated.

David Chu

There are many WP themes around which strive to be like Tumblr.
    You could try Mindstream, which sounds quite a bit like what you’re describing, including post formats, and it is responsive.

FYI – it hasn’t been updated to HTML5, and one never knows when they’ll do that. Possibly not a huge deal.

I’m not really sure about your SEO question.

Good luck, Dave

Dave Chu ยท Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.