Creating background color for a single widget in Eleven40 theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Creating background color for a single widget in Eleven40 theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

afinevo
    Participant

Hey everyone!  I just purchased the Eleven40 theme and I have it installed as sidebar, content, sidebar, (no major changes, it looks like the sample site) as a test site on a server on my own computer while I figure things out.  I have the categories widget installed with the drop down option in the upper right hand sidebar.  I would like to add a colored background to make it stand out.  I tried using Firebug to identify it in the CSS file but didn’t have any luck.  I couldn’t find what it displayed.  Can someone point me in the right direction to find that particular widget in the style sheet along with the coding I should use to get a colored background just for that widget along with the correct padding, border, and etc?

Thanks in advance…

AC
    Blocked

@afinevo, we need the URL of your site. Each widget area has a specific class id. Without seeing the site, we cannot target that area for you.

afinevo
    Participant

Ok, thanks Anitac.  It’s just on the server on my own computer right now as a test site.  I’m transferring the theme to my current site tonight and when I do I will send the link.  Thanks.

braddalton
    Participant

Another way to style your widgets is to add a new class and i.d for a specific widget by installing this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-css-classes/

New class and I.D = cat-widget

Sample CSS:
    [css]
    //This styles the widget background, adds a border and padding on all 4 sides
    .cat-widget {
    background: #2B2B2B;
    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    border: orange solid 2px;
    }
    //This styles the widget heading text and background with the same padding
    .cat-widget h4 {
    color: white;
    background: #2B2B2B;
    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    }
    [/css]

You could also install the Widget Logic plugin and paste in a conditional tag if you only wanted the widget to display on specific pages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.