Creating Custom Template

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Creating Custom Template

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  UT Mod 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

UT Mod
    Participant

Is it necessary to override the Genesis Main Loop, every time I make a custom template irrespective of what the code is about.

For till now, I’ve been making custom templates by overriding the genesis main loop by my function and putting ‘my specific’ code in that function.

Like for example if I have to make a template which shows header, content ( simple echo “Hello World!”; ) and footer of my genesis driven site. Then what would be the steps.

AC
    Blocked

UT Mod
    Participant

Here also, author is doing this only ->

remove_action('genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop')

add_action('genesis_loop', 'gt_custom_loop')

my question is do it always has to be like this, that I have to override the main loop of genesis?

AC
    Blocked

I believe so. Look at this one also – http://genesissnippets.com/genesis-custom-loop/. I did a Google search and found several tuts on this.

UT Mod
    Participant

This one is also the same, as you too know.

The thing is, in my latest project I tried to go un-conventional and did not override the main loop, but that results in content showing above the header of the side when the page opens.

So, I was confused on the same. Because my code was not altering or even not doing anything in ‘loop’ but at the end I had to use this approach only.

Still in wait for the answer :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.