Creative Burst Theme

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Creative Burst Theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kathiemt 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

Thank you to those who responded to my queries. I’m now delighted to show you my new site http://acspublishing.com/ which was made available online last week. It’s still a work in progress, but it’s more the content now, rather than the design. I am delighted with the banner and logo that was created by a graphic designer colleague and then I changed some of the panel colouring to match the logo.

Keen to hear your feedback. Have I missed anything?  Thanks in advance.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kathiemt.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kathiemt.

AC
    Blocked

@kathiemt, that looks great. I love blue/yellow combination. One thing though, you don’t need to keep the “advertisement” for XYZScripts at the bottom of your website you can remove that. I know some hosting companies will “insert” code into their WP installations to promote either the hosting company or the script they use to install WP. It really takes away from the site. It’s your choice to leave it there, but I always remove them.

kathiemt
    Participant

Anita, thanks for looking and thanks for the suggestion. I forgot that was there and it’s almost invisible, but not quite. I will remove it definitely.

Cheers.

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hi there! Nice looking site, great job.

Just a couple small things I would change on the home page:

The buttons are a little washed out looking when mousing over. I would at least change the color of the text on mouseover so it stands out more…but of course it’s subjective.
    I can barely read the twitter links…the color is really hard to see against the blue background.
    I would add a little padding under the read more button in the footer, under Media
    I would find a matching icon for the twitter, so that the three icons are consistent in stlyle.

All very minor things.

Take care,

Tony

kathiemt
    Participant

Thanks Tony, will have to check where I can change those things. I guess making the text on the buttons bolder might help?  And the twitter link, yes, I need  to change the colour of that font too.  Re the icons – they came with the actual widget I’m using.  Do yo have a suggstion for a different social media widget that might be better?

Thanks for looking!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.