Anyone knows how to stretch the footer across the page (so it goes all the way left < > right). I've installed the genesis footer widget if that helps the question..
thanks in advance!!
got it - basically you need to do 2 things.
1. First, add the appropriate CSS to your #footer (I use jetpack's css style sheet which is where you put your own custom css and so it doesn't affect original files)... I love it!
2. Second, replace the content inside the footer.php (genesis) to the following (please note that this means changing the genesis code); here's what I read somewhere:
"If you are using a child theme, you need to place this in the root of your child theme. If not, you are going to lose this when you update. So just copy this file to the child them and make your changes. It will look the same and protect you from updates."
Either way replacing the footer.php to this code works (it will get your footer to stretch across the page).
Here's the code:
WARNING: This file is part of the core Genesis framework. DO NOT edit
this file under any circumstances. Please do all modifications
in the form of a child theme.
* Handles the footer structure.
* This file is a core Genesis file and should not be edited.
* @category Genesis
* @package Templates
* @author StudioPress
* @license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GPL v2.0 (or later)
* @link http://www.studiopress.com/themes/genesis
genesis_structural_wrap( 'inner', '</div><!-- end .wrap -->' );
echo '</div><!-- end #inner -->';
echo '</div><!-- end #wrap -->';
do_action( 'genesis_before_footer' );
do_action( 'genesis_footer' );
do_action( 'genesis_after_footer' );
wp_footer(); // we need this for plugins
do_action( 'genesis_after' );
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe to get early access to new themes, discounts and brief updates about what's new with StudioPress!