CSS changes have no effect… Executive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks CSS changes have no effect… Executive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NationalLoop
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to update the CSS for the “Default” text:

/* Defaults
    ———————————————————— */

body,
    h1,
    h2,
    h2 a,
    h2 a:visited,
    h3,
    h4,
    h5,
    h6,
    p,
    select,
    textarea {
    color: #222;
    font-family: ‘Open Sans’,sans-serif;
    font-size: 16px;
    line-height: normal;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

However,  changing any of these settings seems to have no effect at all. I looked at the Genesis settings and it’s color is set to Default.

You can take a look at one of our pages here:  http://www.nationalloopcompany.com/about-us

Thanks for your help!

Alan

SoZo

Those are the defaults so depending on what you are trying to change it may be overridden by another rule lower in the cascade.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

SoZo

Those are the defaults so depending on what you are trying to change it may be overridden by another rule lower in the cascade. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

NationalLoop
    Participant

Hello,

I have been using Chrome Developer Tools (F12) for a couple years, but even still I was unable to locate the issue.

Later on, I read that Studiopress advises users to submit a ticket, so I went ahead with that. The response indicated that my CSS had changed so much that I should just replace it with the original. She even said that “the whole header section was missing” which I didn’t understand, because “Headers” section was still in the CSS, but it was listed AFTER the Body section.  Anyways, after replacing the bad CSS with the original CSS, the problems went away.

I’m now going back and editing the CSS without any problems.

Thanks for your attention!
    Alan

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

She probably meant the header of the style sheet required by WordPress to identify the style sheet not the headlines section.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CSS changes have no effect… Executive’ is closed to new replies.