CSS Help in Jane Theme (Post Info/Meta)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks CSS Help in Jane Theme (Post Info/Meta)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

callista83
    Participant

I am trying to make it so that the category and tags show on my posts and I am having trouble. I see where in the CSS it is making the post info hidden and the meta show (or maybe I have it backwards, not sure which is which) but I changed what I thought was right and it just gave me an error. I had to re upload the original css to get it to work again.

Blog is http://www.gaggleofgamers.com

Thanks!

http://www.gaggleofgamers.com

AC
    Blocked

You didn’t indicate what you wanted to do, only what you did. What are you trying to achieve?

callista83
    Participant

The very first thing I said was what I was trying to do. Make it so that categories and tags show on the posts.

Susan

The post info on Jane has been removed, and the post meta has been customized.

Look in your functions.php file for this:

//* Remove the post info function
    remove_action( ‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_post_info’, 12 );

//* Customize the post meta function
    add_filter( ‘genesis_post_meta’, ‘sp_post_meta_filter’ );
    function sp_post_meta_filter($post_meta) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    $post_meta = ‘[post_date] [post_comments]‘;
    return $post_meta;
    }}

You can either completely remove the section which takes away the post info section, or you can modify the post meta section (depending on where you want the categories and tags to display).

Another option is to remove both sections completely, and use the simple edits plugin to modify it yourself.

Edited to add: I have access to the Jane functions.php file because I provide theme support for Pretty Darn Cute Design. Someone who doesn’t have access to that theme’s functions.php file isn’t going to immediately know the answer. This is the kind of question you can submit a support ticket to Pretty Darn Cute Design for.

Also, keep in mind that 99% of the people on this forum are volunteers, so if they don’t understand what you’re asking, and they ask for clarification, you’re likely to get more assistance if you’re polite in return.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Susan.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Susan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.