CSS help- styling author’s comments

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks CSS help- styling author’s comments

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cookieandkate 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cookieandkate

Hi,

I’m stumped. I want to style my comments on my new design like my old design. I’ve gotten close, but I’m not quite there.

Here’s a screenshot of my old comment format (left) and my current comment format (right): http://i.imgur.com/NAgjfo1.png

(You can see my current format in action here.)

I want to remove the extra border-bottoms that appear below each comment thread. I also want the left borders of my comments (my name’s Kate) to be green (like my old site). Readers’ comments left borders can be black. I want a small white space between each reply (also like my old site).

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I would be so thankful for your help! The current formatting is driving me crazy and I just can’t figure out how to fix it.

Thank you,
    Kate

http://cookieandkate.com

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Add the following in style.css:

li.comment {
        border-bottom: none;
    }

.comment-list li li {
        border-left: none;
    }

.comment-list li li > article {
        border-left: 3px solid #e0e9ce;
        padding-left: 1rem;
    }

.comment-list li li li {
        margin-left: 0;
    }

.comment-list li li li > article {
        border-left: 3px solid #ddd;    
    }

.comment-list li li li.bypostauthor > article {
        border-left: 3px solid #e0e9ce;
    }

cookieandkate

Sridhar, somehow I missed your comment way back when! Thank you very much for your help! I finally have the comments looking the way I want them to, based on your code.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.