css issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jon Weiss 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

intosuwo
    Participant

Hi,

– Theme eleven 40
    http://www.netkoweb.nl

I have 2 questions:

1- I want visited links in the nav bar to have the white colors-, in Mozilla it is working fine but not in IE? Can you tell me why?

2- How can i position the slider or an image above the content-sidebar-wrap, and straight under the primary nav.bar? Do i have to add a new widget area? and if so what should be the styling code?

I hope someone can or will help me with these issues.
    Regards Ton

Jon Weiss

1) I’ll check this on IE when I have access to a PC, if no one has a chance to help before I can

2) Do you want the new widget area only on the home page, or on all pages? Either way, you’ll want to create a new widget area and then call it in the appropriate location.

intosuwo
    Participant

Hi Jon,

1) solved

2) i want that area on all pages, can you help me with that?

Ton

Jon Weiss

Unfortunately I don’t have the time right now to type out all of the steps, but a great start would be to create a new widget area: http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/register-widget-area/

And then call it under the nav. You’ll do that using the functions file – I’ll type up the exact code you need when I have some extra time (hopefully later today).

If you want to skip the functions file and try it yourself, you can try calling the widget area within the Simple Hooks Plugin.

intosuwo
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

I will wait for your code, because i am not that kind of programmer.

Regars Ton

intosuwo
    Participant

Hi Jon,

things have changed, the client now wants on every single page between nav.bar and content a different image, like i have now on the homepage. So every page has to have a different image, sorry for the inconvenience but i hope you can help me out.

Regards Ton

Jon Weiss

Hey Ton,

This goes a little beyond what these forums are for – and is more along the lines of custom work. I can give you some pointers, but I don’t have the time to write out all this code unfortunately.

I’d suggest maybe hiring someone to knock it out quick for you – it should only take an hour or so to complete.

But to point you in the right direction: You’ll want to create a new widget area within the functions file, then call it under the nav, and above the header. Once that’s done, using conditional tags you’ll want to assign the images to their respected pages.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.